To help you save energy and money, Columbia Water & Light and the Voluntary Action Center are offering the Window Air Conditioner Exchange program for income qualified electric customers this summer.
- Be a current Columbia Water & Light electric customer
- Have an older less efficient and/or broken window unit to exchange
- Have an annual income of less than 200% of the poverty level
If you meet the above criteria and want a new window air conditioning unit, please call the Voluntary Action Center. There are a limited number of units to exchange so it is important to call before bringing in an older unit to exchange. The units being provided are rated at 8,000 BTUs.
You must bring in the following items to participate:
- Proof of your current physical Boone County Address (ID’s or leases will not be accepted)
- Identification for Everyone at your Address (originals…no Copies)
- Proof of all income for everyone at your address (including Food Stamps and TANF)
- Current utility bill for your address
- An older, inefficient window air conditioner to exchange
May 14 through September 12 (while supplies last)
Tuesdays & Thursdays
9:00 am to 11:00 am & 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm
Please call before bringing your older unit in to confirm eligibility and availability.
Voluntary Action Center
573-874-2273 or firstname.lastname@example.org
403A Vandiver Drive, Columbia, Missouri