The City of Columbia is fortunate to have a municipal-owned electric and water utility that is at the forefront of energy conservation programs and renewable energy procurement and production.
- Renewable Energy: Read through Columbia Water and Light’s Renewable energy report.
- Demand Side Management: Read through Columbia Water and Light’s Demand Side Management report to see the impacts energy efficiency programs have on the local community and economy.
- Utility Data Map: Use this tool to gather historical electric and water usage for Columbia Water & Light customer rental units.
- Rental Energy Efficiency report by MU Truman School of Public Affairs
- Energy Efficiency: Visit Water & Light’s programs that help to increase your energy efficiency and read get some conservation tips.
- City Green: The District: The City of Columbia received a grant from the US Environmental Protection Office (EPA), Climate Showcase Communities.
Through the City’s Grant titled, “City Green: The District” the City worked cooperatively with downtown businesses
and building owners to reduce energy usage and the associated greenhouse gas emissions.