The Imagine Columbia's Future process demonstrated a collective desire for Columbia to be a connected, informed and engaged community. Now it's time to help turn vision goals into reality!
The Vision Commission Report - May 24, 2011; Draft Recommendations on Vision Implementation Steps
2009-2011 Implementation Tasks
Columbia Vision Commission Report - January 19, 2010
Click here to view a draft ordinance that if adopted by the City Council would implement the Columbia Vision Commission and on the second link below to review a slide summarizing the ordinance. The ordinance is scheduled to be voted on during the City Council meeting on October 6, 2008.
- Visioning Citizen Topic Groups convened in January 2007 and worked through July 2007 to distill 1,500 community "big ideas" in a series of 43 goals and 128 strategies in 13 topic areas.
- A “Community Choices” workshop was held in September 2007 and the Vision Committee reviewed the plan in October 2007.
- The committee drafted and issued a final supplement in December 2007 and the Sponsor’s Council accepted the plan in January 2008.
- The Columbia City Council accepted the Final Vision Report February 4, 2008 and Sarah Read was contracted to serve as vision implementation consultant in April 2008.
- Sarah consulted with members of the City Council, former Sponsors’ Council and Visioning Committee, throughout April and May 2007 and made a preliminary report at the June 2008 City Council Retreat regarding an implementation plan and establishment of vision commission.
Archives from Imagine Columbia's Future visioning process