Contact: Duty PIO Pager 573-441-6608 (For active emergency incidents - Leave detailed message)
Office 573-874-7503 (Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.)
At 12:06a.m. Saturday, July 5, 2014, Columbia Fireunitsweredispatchedto2701McClure, forareportofaResidentialStructurefire. Fire crews arrived on the sceneat 12:13 a.m., to find fire coming out the front of the residence.
There were three occupants, one was at home and woke to the sound of the smoke alarm and had to climb out the bedroom window. The fire was extinguished within 5 mins. of fire units arrival.
Damage is estimated at $85,000. Assistant Fire Marshal Brian Davison slated the fire started as a result of a malfunction of an outlet in the living room containing a non-fused multi-plug adapter with several items plugged into it.