Contact: Renee Graham
Public Communications Manager
City offices will be closed tomorrow
COLUMBIA, MO (February 3, 2014)
Due to the impending winter storm, city offices, including City Hall, the ARC and Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health & Human Services, will be closed tomorrow. All municipal court cases scheduled for Tuesday will be held as scheduled.
- For non-emergency assistance and non-injury accidents, residents should call the Public Safety Joint Communications non-emergency line at (573) 442-6131.
- Trash and recycling will not be collected Tuesday and will be delayed one day the remainder of the week.
- All city meetings scheduled for Tuesday will be postponed.
- There will be no transit service Tuesday, including Fixed Route, FastCat, Paratransit and Black and Gold routes.
- There is no parking on first and second priority snow routes when snow accumulates 2 inches or more. Vehicles must be moved off of the street; vehicles that are not moved are subject to citation and towing at the owner's expense. Citizens are urged to stay off the roadways. Vehicles blocking lanes will be towed at the owner's expense. If you become stuck and call for a tow truck, please ask for a price up-front. If you feel you are being gouged, please call the Missouri Attorney General's hotline at 1-800-392-8222. For up-to-date snow information, visit comosnow.com.
- Customers may contact Public Works concerning snow removal issues at:
E-mail - PubW@GoColumbiaMo.com
Facebook -- Facebook.com/columbiamissouripublicworks
Twitter -- @pub_works
- If you are ticketed for travel on Tuesday at Columbia Regional Airport, you are encouraged to contact your flight carrier for up-to-the-minute flight status or check www.flymidmo.com.
- Though administrative offices for both the police and fire departments will be closed tomorrow, all other emergency services will be available.
Citizens can stay up to date by following us on Facebook at City of Columbia Missouri (Gov't Page). Please check the city calendar later this week for updates on meetings or events that need to be rescheduled. http://www.gocolumbiamo.com/CMS/webcal/index.php?cat=6