If the crime you are reporting is occurring now or you have an emergency, call 911 immediately.
Welcome to the Columbia Police Department’s On-line Police Reporting service.
This report is offered as a service to our citizens and its use is voluntary and subject to the following guidelines:
- Report only incidents that occurred within the city limits of Columbia using this form.
- Report crimes that occurred in Boone County outside of Columbia's city limits by calling (573) 442-6131 or visiting the Boone County Sheriff's Department Web site.
- Report incidents that occurred on University of Missouri-Columbia property by calling (573) 882-7201 or visiting the MU Police Department Web site.
- Do not report a crime that happened to someone else using this form unless you are a representative of a business reporting a crime that happened to the business.
- To remain anonymous, submit your report through CrimeStoppers.
- Enter information as completely as possible. This will allow your report to be filed in a timely manner without someone having to re-contact you.
- You may report only the crimes listed below online. Please read the definitions of each crime to determine if you should use the On-line Police Report.
- Stealing - someone stole your property
or left your gas station or convenience store without paying for gasoline.
- Vandalism - damaging or defacing the property of another person; malicious mischief, such as knocking over mailboxes, or throwing rocks through windows.
- Identity Theft - someone used your personal information for financial gain or other purposes without your permission.
ID Theft Affidavit and Information
- Bicycle Harassment - you wish to report you were harassed while riding a bicycle.
- Suspicious Activity - you witnessed an incident, a person, or a vehicle that was suspicious in nature.
- Accident Report - file an accident report
- Disabled Parking Violation - report a car illegally parked in a disabled parking spot.
- To report graffiti for clean up, please fill out this form or call the Office of Neighborhood Services at (573) 817-5050
If you are not sure your incident fits one of these crimes or you prefer to report the crime over the phone, please call 573-442-6131.
Be advised that filing a false police report is illegal and may result in criminal charges being brought against you. If you do not provide a valid name, phone number, or e-mail address, as required in certain fields, your report will not be filed.
Online Police Report