Columbia Parks and Recreation
Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Hey kids ages 4-15, the Splat! challenge is all yours! Depending on your age, you will complete between .75 and 1.75 miles of obstacle course awesomeness including walls, tires, pipes and of course, MUD, and LOTS of it! This is a youth event, so the obstacles and entertainment will be family friendly. Splat! is about good old muddy fun with some (OK a lot) of challenge mixed in. This is a great group opportunity for sports teams, celebrating a birthday or any other group of kids who want to do something unique and memorable together. You are encouraged to make yourself stand out, wear a costume, paint your face, or anything else you can think of! If you do dress up, please make sure you can safely run, crawl and jump in what you have on and that it won't get in your way. Join us and show us what you've got!
The Splat! course and obstacles are designed to be age-appropriate in difficulty and distance. There are 5 waves at this year's event, each having a 140-participant cap (this is for safety and to prevent long lines at obstacles). A multi-age wave (WAVE 5) is for families and groups with kids in more than one age group who want to run together. Please note that this is a longer course for the 7-9 year-olds than WAVE 2 will be.
WAVE 1 Ages 4-6 years old 8:30 am 11 obstacles .75 mile
WAVE 2 Ages 7-9 years old 9:15 am 14 obstacles 1.25 miles
WAVE 3 Ages 10-12 years old 10:00 am 17 obstacles 1.75 miles
WAVE 4 Ages 13-15 years old 11:00 am 17 obstacles 1.75 miles
WAVE 5 Ages 7-15 years old 12:00 pm 17 obstacles 1.75 miles
Splat! is at Gans Creek Recreation Area, 3360 E. Gans Road (across from Father Tolton High School).
Splat! is $20 in advance (prior to July 10) and $25 at the event (if space is available). Please note that some waves may sell out, so plan on registering early.
All participants will receive a Splat! t-shirt. To be guaranteed your preferred shirt size, please register by June 19.
PICTURES AND LINKS
Here is the evidence of the muddy fun from Splat! 2014. In addition to this, you can view a lot more pictures by following these links:
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 1
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 2
Splat! 2014 Facebook Page
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SPLAT!
- Participants should plan to get muddy; wear clothes and shoes that are OK to get really muddy (shirt and shoes are required - NO flip flops please).
- TIE YOUR SHOES TIGHTLY!
- Participants will be going over/under walls, on balance beams and through mud and grass. A first aid tent will be available if needed.
- When you arrive at the event, you will need to check in at the registration tent - PLEASE ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR WAVE TIME, WE RECOMMEND 45 MINUTES.
- There will be a spectator loop so you can take pictures on the course, please stay inside the marked boundary.
- A change of clothes and/or a towel is a good idea.
- Light concessions will be available at additional charge (drinks, snacks and Kona Ice truck).
- Don't wear jewelry or glasses (unless absolutely necessary).
- A "shower" station to rinse off will be available.
- A parent or guardian is to remain at the event area, please do NOT drop your children off for the event.
- Splat! is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the event may be delayed until weather passes, or postponed.
- Arrive ready to be AWESOME!!
2014 COURSE MAP (2015 MAP COMING SOON):