When You Swim, Swim Healthy!
Pools and Spas:
- Lakes are sampled monthly for E. coli
- A lake must have a reading below 126 colonies of E. coli per
100 milliliters or they are resampled
- If three consecutive
samples are above the recommended level, the manager
is notified of the problem
- View results of water analysis
- These short videos show how we can all help keep our lakes and streams clean:
Pool and Water Safety Tips:
- Never swim alone.
- Keep all gates locked or have a cover secured
over the pool, when closed.
- No horseplay or running.
- Lifesaving equipment are not toys. Keep these
items in their respective places on the deck.
- No food or drink in the pool and keep glass containers
out of the pool area.
- No diving in shallow areas.
Return to the Environmental Health Division Homepage or return to the Columbia/Boone County Health Department Homepage