Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services
|Optimal health, safety and
well-being for all.
|To promote and protect the health, safety and well-being of the community through leadership and service.
We invite you to be a part of our MAPP (Mobilizing for Action Through Planning and Partnerships) process. There are many ways to get involved. Click here to learn more!
- 2015 Spring Hot Topic Nights begin April 7th at 630pm! Click here for full schedule.
- Pool Code Updates - PHHS is proposing changes to the current ordinance regarding swimming pools. Proposed changes are based on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Model Aquatic Health Code (August 2014).
- Proposed Amendments to Chapter 11 of the City Code as it relates to tobacco and e-cigarettes- Click Here.
- For information about Ebola, click here.
- For more information on the Live Well Restaurant program, click here.
- Warming Centers and Shelters locations for Winter 2014, click here.
- Proposed Amendments to Chapter 16 of the City Code as it Relates to Marijuana - Click Here.
- 2013 Columbia/Boone County Community Health Assessment, click here.
- Severe Weather - Click here to watch videos on how to stay safe during a tornado in a school, house or mobile home.
- Smart911 - Sign up for this free, potentially life-saving service today! In an emergency, your local 9-1-1 operator can access information that could help save your life. Register today at www.smart911.com
- 1,2,3,4,5,Fit-Tastic - Recently, we began a three year initiative to work with county partners in order to accelerate progress toward acheiving healthy weight and healthy lifestyles for all. Through a program called Boone County Fit-tastic, over 20 community partners have been trained in the 1,2,3,4, 5, Fit-tastic effort begun in Kansas City.
- Our long term goals include: increasing the proportion of children at a healthy weight; increasing the proportion of residents engaged in healthy eating and active living, and increasing policy and environmental changes to support healthy eating and active living.
- For more information check out the website http://fittastic.org/ or contact Maureen Coy at 573.874.7559.
- Expanded Services for Uninsured Women - The state of Missouri expanded its Uninsured Women's Health Services Program. Visit the state's website, view our flier or call us at 573-874-7356 for assistance.
- External Public Health Links and Resources
Frequently Requested Information: