Skip top Navigation.
Translate this page
Turning On New Residential Customers
- Submit request online, contact a Customer Service Representative at (573) 874-7380, or come to our office at 701 E. Broadway
- Customers should contact us at least ONE day in advance of needing the utilities connected.
- Deposits and the service fee can be paid at the time of requesting the service, or they can be billed on your first bill.
Rate and Utility Service Information
TDD/TTY for Hearing Impaired 1-800-992-6030
Ameren U.E. no longer maintains a local Columbia office.
Deposits and Fees
- $75 Electric
- $25 Water
- $45 Sewer
- $20 Refuse
- $6 Service fee to set up a new account OR
- $5 Service fee for new unmetered accounts (i.e. if you are not getting Water
and Electric service from the City)
- $15 if customer wants utilities connected the SAME day.
Customers who have been on shut-offs for non payment twice in the last twelve (12) months will be billed for an additional deposit fee.