Skip top Navigation.
Translate this page
Turning On New Commercial Customers
- Requests to have utilities turned on MUST be made in person. Please come to our office at 701 E. Broadway.
- For your convenience, an application can be downloaded and completed before you come into our office.
- If you want to know what deposit will be required, please call our office at 874-7380 extension 2.
Rate and Utility Service Information
TDD/TTY for Hearing Impaired 1-800-992-6030
Ameren U.E. no longer maintains a local Columbia office.
Deposits and Fees
- Deposit will be equal to twice the average monthly bill of a similar business. If you want to know what deposit will be required, please call our office at 874-7380 extension 2.
- $6 Service fee to set up a new account OR
- $5 Service fee for new unmetered accounts (i.e. if you are not getting Water
and Electric service from the City)
- $15 if customer wants utilities connected the SAME day.
Acceptable Forms of Deposits For Commercial Accounts
- Letter of credit from a Missouri financial institution
- CD (Certificate of Deposit) at a local Bank or Savings and Loan Bond