Chapter 14 MOTOR VEHICLES AND TRAFFIC*
Section 14-309 Notice of impoundment.
(a) When a vehicle has been impounded
for unpaid parking tickets, notice of impoundment
shall be mailed to the registered owner no later than the next business day following the
impoundment. The notice shall:
(1) Identify the vehicle and inform the
owner why it was impounded;
(2) State where the vehicle is impounded;
(3) Inform the owner how the vehicle
may be redeemed;
(4) Inform the owner that the vehicle
is subject to a lien for towing and storage charges; and
(5) State that the owner may request
a hearing concerning the legality of the impoundment
and explain the procedure for requesting a hearing.
(b) Notice is not required to be mailed
if the identity of the owner of the vehicle is not
available from the appropriate motor vehicle licensing authority.
(Ord. No. 19250, § 1, 10-2-06)
(Ord. 19250, Added, 10/02/2006)