Chapter 13 LICENSES, PERMITS AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS REGULATIONS*
Section 13-262 Required security measures.
It shall be unlawful for any person to operate a convenience
store unless the following security
measures are in effect:
(1) The convenience store must have a
security camera system which records and is capable
of retrieving the image of all persons entering the convenience store and all persons approaching
within five (5) feet of the cash register.
(2) The convenience store must have a
drop safe or cash management device for restricted
access to cash receipts and a conspicuous notice at the store entrance which states that the cash
register contains limited funds.
(3) The convenience store must have lighting
for parking areas, entrances or other areas of
the store accessible to the public at an intensity providing clear visibility under normal
(4) The convenience store must have an unrestricted view of the
cashier area from outside and
inside the building.
(5) The convenience store must have height markers at the entrance
of the store.
(6) The convenience store must have a telephone or holdup panic
alarm device behind the sales
counter for easy access by store employees.
(7) The convenience store must enforce a cash management policy
to limit cash on hand at all
times after 8:00 p.m. and before 5:00 a.m.
(Ord. No. 14122 §1, 7-5-94)